More Trains

Day 5 (1.5.10) - For yesterday's picture I posted a picture of Joey's train....today here is a picture of mine. This is my commute - the coaster. I've been taking the train to work daily for 7 years now. Hmmm, I'm not even going to try and calculate how many hours I've spent on the train. Sometimes I work, sometimes I nap, sometimes I read a book or a magazine but most days you'll find me on my laptop - working, organizing and editing pictures, writing, creating cards or watching a movie. Before I had kids I used to mind the long commute. Now, although I do wish I worked closer to home, I have to say that I don't mind the commute at all. It is truly the only time of day that nobody bothers me. Another funny thing about the train is I'm pretty sure Joey thinks I have the coolest job ever and I am a train conductor or something. Every time I tell him I have to go to work he says "mama, work, train" and nods his head so matter of factly.





And just for fun here is Nick's picture of the day. I told him I was doing this and he said he wanted to join in. After all, he's the one with the super fancy camera, right? But, he quickly decided there is no way he would be able to keep up. He is great at taking pictures but uploading them and posting them is my job. So, every so often I'll post something that he's taken. I was making dinner and waiting for the water to boil when he took this picture. A watched pot never boils, right? We just moved into this house a few weeks ago and I have to say I am SO happy to have a gas stove again. I hated the electric in our old house. Also featured here is one of my all clad pots. I love my all clad set. Looks like I need to shine them though. ; )

2 comments:

  1. How long is your commute one way? That is so cute about Joey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The commute is 50 minutes each way. Almost 2 hours each way! It's ok though - I get a lot done. ; )

    ReplyDelete